For Your casa work and casa Children/families:
Good support youtube page for young adults / older youth in care
COVID19 FAQ for Parents from DFPS: COVID-19 FAQ for Parents
KVRL Food Relief Flyer: KERVL Food Relief
Texas CASA provided this Tipsheet for How to Talk to Children About COVID19
Audible (audiobook service) is offering free stories for children – anyone can use the link to listen to children’s stories for free. https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
Amy is posting resources for children and families on HCCASA’s Facebook Page – please share with the children’s placements.
Various resources from Texas CASA for volunteers interacting with children at a distance: https://texascasa.org/covid19
Hill Country CASA’s Volunteer Policies and Procedures
Well – checks – Please let your CASA Supervisor know if you have not heard from the children/placements in your case – we can connect to any of various resources to conduct a well-check as needed.
Many businesses are taking proactive steps to assist the community’s wellness during this time. Below is a list of things we’re aware of, if you know of anything else, send it to us and we’ll post it.
- Walgreens has many offers for folks age 55+ including a senior-only shopping hour every Tuesday morning and coupons
- Walmart has a senior-only shopping hour on Tuesdays, one hour before the store opens – including the vision center and pharmacy
- HEB and delivery service Favor are teaming up to deliver groceries to seniors, and there’s a seniors-only hotline to call to place grocery delivery orders
- Weekly, the Kerrville Farmers Market is offering online ordering with curbside pickup at Pint and Plow (on Jefferson, a block west of Walgreens). There are a lot of fresh foods on offer and the form changes weekly based on what they have available.
- Bridget’s Basket in Hunt is offering curbside pickup OR delivery (the latter in Hunt only) on their farm fresh items; Bridget is also keeping canned goods, wine, milk, ice and other goods to support West Kerr folks during this time.