major updates AUGUST 16, 2021 (last revision 8/16/21)
Due to rapidly rising COVID case numbers in our area, effective 8/5/2021, HCCASA asks that all CASAs suspend face to face visits with children until further notice.
It is Hill Country CASA’s first priority to protect the health and safety of our volunteers, staff and the children we serve. We will take proactive action to maintain the health of the organization through this situation, considering emerging information, and in consultation with local health authorities, medical professionals, and the HCCASA Board of Directors.
Thus, effective August 5, 2021:
- All HCCASA child visits are to be done virtually/by phone until further notice;
- If you need to have face-to-face contact, please reach out to your Case Supervisor for a waiver;
- In certain conditions, face-to-face visits can be done with minimal risk of transmission. We will review these requests carefully with an eye to approve the visit request when it is possible to do so with minimal risk to children. (ie a vaccinated CASA volunteer visits a foster home (not facility) with vaccinated foster parents and a minimal number of children living in the home)
Further, effective August 10 and 16, 2021:
- The CASA Office is open by appointment only, please call for an appointment and only enter if you are feeling well;
- The CASA staff will be rotating in-office schedules to minimize our contact in case of exposure and need to quarantine.
hearings and meetings will be on zoom until further notice
Community Resources available for casa children / families
continuing education for casas, at-your-own-pace
HCCASA VOLUNTEER FAQS – AUGUST 2021:
Q: How do I get information about calling in to Court or Meetings?
A: HCCASA has established protocols for CASAs participating in Zoom Court, mediations, and meetings. Please see the latest Calendar + Announcements email from Stephanie for details. Note that Court, Meetings and Mediations will continue on Zoom/Go To Meeting for the foreseeable future and until further notice.
Each week (usually on Monday) the Court will issue call-in information for that week’s hearings. We will send this information to CASAs as soon as we receive it from the Court.
PLEASE NOTE at the Court’s request we are sharing the last 3 digits of CASA’s call-in numbers with the Court Coordinator. We will put them on the monthly and weekly calendar – please confirm the digits are correct, and let us know if they aren’t, so the Court Coordinator can properly identify and let you into the Courtroom.
Q: When is CASA’s Moratorium on face-to-face contact for volunteers?
A:Texas CASA has suspended the requirement for face to face contact through September 25, 2021. Thank you all for making careful efforts to visit children in person over these last several months. Based on current news regarding the local spike in COVID cases and hospitalizations, we are asking that you suspend face to face visits with children until further notice. As the situation continues to emerge, we will continually reassess and keep CASAs informed of any changes.
Q: What are HCCASA’s office hours?
A: HCCASA offices are open Monday – Thursday from 9 AM – 5 PM by appointment only.
Please refrain from visiting the CASA office in person if you are feeling ill. If you are unvaccinated, we ask you please wear a mask while in the building.
On Mondays and Tuesdays, Stephanie / Goldie / Raquel will be in the office.
On Wednesdays and Thursdays, Amy / Colleen / Judy will be in the office.
All staff will work remotely on each weekday they’re not scheduled in the office, and all staff will work remotely on Fridays. When we are working remote, if you need to come to the office, please let us know so that we can coordinate a staff member to be here to assist you.